Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Did lady in the water have a m. knight ending or justa reg ending?
Starfire
Been Posting a Bit
Been Posting a Bit

Post by Starfire »

Just a regular ending. No twist this time - just a flick about a chick and some water :wink:
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Starfire wrote:Just a regular ending. No twist this time - just a flick about a chick and some water :wink:
She's thirsty, eh? So how was "Gwen Stacy" in the flick?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I watched Syriana today and thought it was okay, but not as good as a lot of the hype I heard when it was released last fall. The movie just didn't come together for me and I thought it could have been much better. It was very low key throughout. Clooney did a good job in his role, but I didn't think it was Oscar worthy. Out of the other candidates, I thought Paul Giamatti did a much better job in Cinderella Man.
Starfire
Been Posting a Bit
Been Posting a Bit

Post by Starfire »

Rusty wrote:She's thirsty, eh? So how was "Gwen Stacy" in the flick?
She was very good. I don't know why she hasn't done more movies - I think she's an excellent actress. I'm looking forward to seeing her in a "normal" role in S3!

Syriana didn't do much for me. It was an interesting story line but they way he told it was just too disjointed for me. I think they gave it to Clooney because he's buddies with half of Hollywood.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Starfire wrote: She was very good. I don't know why she hasn't done more movies - I think she's an excellent actress. I'm looking forward to seeing her in a "normal" role in S3!
she was good in the Village and looks like she has started to do a few more movies. Maybe her dad, Ron Howard, influenced her to finish school first. I think she's 25 years old.
Hella
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by Hella »

I saw Miami Vice tonight, and I was bored the whole time. Ali seemed to like it, though.

We had the 9/11 movie trailer before the movie, and it floored me. It brought me right back to five years ago, and I almost felt sick. I don't think I will ever be able to watch that film.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

How did it look? I always liked the way he shot movies.

Someday youll watch it.
Hella
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by Hella »

Honestly I had to close my eyes after 10 seconds or so. That trailer floored me -- I just couldn't handle it.
Starfire
Been Posting a Bit
Been Posting a Bit

Post by Starfire »

Rusty wrote:she was good in the Village and looks like she has started to do a few more movies. Maybe her dad, Ron Howard, influenced her to finish school first. I think she's 25 years old.
Smart dad!

I don't want to see 9/11. I didn't see Flight 93 either.

Unless 100 percent of the proceeds go to charity, someone is profiting off of someone else's misery. 9/11 was already well documented. It just feels like someone is ripping off a scab.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

You know someones going to make movie at some point to make money, the biggest question to me is. Are they going to do it with some respect?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I finally saw Pirates of the Caribbean 2 today and I liked it a lot. There were quite a few funny scenes and plenty of adventure. As a movie, it may not have been quite as good as the original, but it was still quite good in its own right.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

damned yous alls
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I finally got around to watching Donnie Darko today. I'd heard good things about the movie, but thought it was a horror movie and wasn't that excited about seeing it. I liked it a lot and think it a very intelligent and entertaining movie. The songs they used during transitions were very appropriate. I also like that it takes place in 1988.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Did you see the newer version or the older version?