comics

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

There is a company named Duality Entertainment that used to publish regular comic books in the 90s. Their main comic was called Vigil and featured a police detective named Grace Kimble who was turned into a vampire and now fights bad guys and bad vampires. Her story covered a number of mini series and tpbs and was very good. The company published a couple of issues of a science fiction comic book called Collective before deciding to stop printing comic books. They instead turned to online publishing.

http://dualityentertainment.com/index_content.html

At this site, you can find an online comic short story called Grace which features a 16 year old Grace Kimble (pre-vampire). It is a pretty good short story, but you'll need the latest Macromedia Flash to view the site. They finished the Collective 2234 story that started as a regular comic and are now selling it on cd (which I ordered). The sequel, Collective 2235, is ongoing and is available for free on their website. They'll probably collect that when they are done as well. I read a few of the Collective 2234 episodes when they were first put on the website, but I'm looking forward to reading the whole story.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

ill check it out when i get back home.

im trying to fix my friggin captain americas, apparently they screwed that numbering up as well :( and there are 5 different volumes rightr now :(

V1 - the original series
V2 - the set Rob Liefeld started in the early 90's
V3 - the set after that that ended up going back to the original #ing
V4 - the marvel knights series
V5 - and the current series

friggin a
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:ill check it out when i get back home.

im trying to fix my friggin captain americas, apparently they screwed that numbering up as well :( and there are 5 different volumes rightr now :(

V1 - the original series
V2 - the set Rob Liefeld started in the early 90's
V3 - the set after that that ended up going back to the original #ing
V4 - the marvel knights series
V5 - and the current series

friggin a
iron man and ff are kind of screwy too
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

kurt culler wrote:
iron man and ff are kind of screwy too
i might have to fix my iron mans but i dont have enough ff to worry about it
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

finally finished the Crest of the Stars/Banner of the Stars trilogy. They weren't as good as Planetes (which was very very good), but they were enjoyable. I guess that they are an adaptation of a series of Japanese Science Fiction novels. Now I've only got about 130 manga trades to go. :?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

read

Short Program vol. 1
Neon Genesis Evangelion vol. 9
Imadoki vol. 4 and 5
Ranma 1/2 vol. 29
Inu Yasha vol. 20

now I should stop reading manga and go check homework papers for tomorrow
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

I'm just kicking myself at the moment with this cold turkey off comics. I don't think I can do it. I think I'll have to put in an order tomorrow.

See, I already feel better! :D Oh and all those back issues I get to catch up on!
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:I'm just kicking myself at the moment with this cold turkey off comics. I don't think I can do it. I think I'll have to put in an order tomorrow.

See, I already feel better! :D Oh and all those back issues I get to catch up on!
paper crack. that's what it is. I'm hoping that my new order comes in this Saturday. I guess it was supposed to go out today.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

My new order came today. The books were packed in Diamond boxes and they were well packed so no problems with damage this time. Now I have around 130 comics to read. There was a problem in that they were missing around 11 comics from the order and they are still short 7 comics that were left out of my April order (though several others got filled). They also didn't ship any of the free comic book day comics I was promised. I talked to a lady there and she said they were all pulled, but someone put them back out to be distributed so I didn't get any. They shipped 4 comics (including 1 hardcover) that I didn't need, but they will send me an envelope to return them for credit.

A few problems still, but I got most of what I ordered and hope to get the rest soon. Maybe once I've been a customer for a few months, the bugs will all be worked out.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

i didnt get my shipment yet. you get too many! thats why
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:i didnt get my shipment yet. you get too many! thats why
maybe so, but I enjoy reading them. I read 8 comics tonight -

GL Rebirth #6, GL #1, GL Secret Files 2005
Batman, Omac Project, Usagi Yojimbo, Y the Last Man, and Amazing Spiderman

After filing away parts of mini series to be read when complete and adding in completed miniseries, I have 105 issues left to read, plus a few digests. I figure I'll be done with them in around 3 weeks, about a week before my next shipment. I think I'll like this monthly shipping, as long as I can get all of my books.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Yes, it's a good thing you talked to them. They shouldn't be making mistakes like that.
I'm finally going to put in my order tomorrow.
Things have been a little nuts for me the last few days because a friend of mine showed up from the States two days ago and is staying here. I grabbed a minute to get online. He's leaving tomorrow and I'll get time to do the important things like my comic book order.
I liked the first OMAC Project very much. What did you think of GL #1?
I wasn't going to order it, although I have rebirth.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:Yes, it's a good thing you talked to them. They shouldn't be making mistakes like that.
I'm finally going to put in my order tomorrow.
Things have been a little nuts for me the last few days because a friend of mine showed up from the States two days ago and is staying here. I grabbed a minute to get online. He's leaving tomorrow and I'll get time to do the important things like my comic book order.
I liked the first OMAC Project very much. What did you think of GL #1?
I wasn't going to order it, although I have rebirth.
From personal experience, I know that if you have a lot of pull customers, mistakes are likely to happen. Some of the items that weren't pulled may have been because they are small independent titles that were not ordered in sufficient quantity since I've only been a subscriber since mid-April. Hopefully, the mistakes will diminish the longer I am a subscriber.

Here's what they missed:

ADAM STRANGE #8 (OF 8 ) 2.99
CATWOMAN #43 2.50
CHICKASAW ADVENTURES #3 (OF 4) 2.99
DC SPECIAL THE RETURN OF DONNA TROY #1 (OF 4) 2.99
FINDER #36 (MR) 2.95
HEAVEN SENT #10 (OF 11) 2.99
RED RIVER VOL 6 GN 9.95
RISING STARS VOICES OF THE DEAD #1 (OF 6) 2.99
SEVENTH SHRINE #2 (OF 2) 5.95
SHONEN JUMP VOL 3 JUNE 2005 #6 4.99
STAR WARS OBSESSION #5 (OF 5) 2.99

The Donna Troy Special and the Shonen Jump tick me off a bit, but I'm hopeful that I'll get all of them without having to hunt them down at local shops.

As far as GL #1 goes, I thought it was very good, even better than Rebirth. When I get my new comics, I usulaly try to read them somewhat in order of how much I like the title with my favorites coming first and then on down the line.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I got another 25 comics read tonight - all of the Marvels and Archies along with Conan and Star Wars Tales. I probably won't have time to read comics for the next couple of days, but maybe I'll work on the pile next Tuesday. I don't mind finishing them way before my next order since I have so many graphic novels to read too.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I started reading a few of my manga titles tonight. I read

Prince of Tennis vol. 7
Megatokyo vol. 3
X2
BB Explosion vol. 4

I hope to read more tomorrow

Fluffy - I think you would like Prince of Tennis. It is about a 7th grade tennis prodigy and is fun to read if you like tennis