Television Favorites!

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Re: Television Favorites!

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Rusty wrote:I just watched the first episode of Daredevil on Netflix and it was great. Nice action scenes, good acting, touches of humor and so on. I just need to find the time to watch the rest of the episodes.

there were some very graphic scenes in the show, not seeing the suit till the end was disappointing
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

5 - Even Stevens Season 1 - I felt like watching something of a lighter nature and it was fun to revisit this Disney show from 15 years ago. It was funny seeing Shia LaBeouf as a kid knowing that he'll eventually star in the Transformers and other movies.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

1 - Daredevil Season 1 - Now that I have Netflix on my Smart TV, I finally watched last year's Daredevil. I thought it did a great job with mood and characterization. Kingpin, Foggy, Matt, Karen, Ben were all very well done. I enjoyed the series a lot. Now I've started watching Jessica Jones and it is definitely a different type of show, but has been good so far.

I noticed while posting this that the last series I finished was way back in last May. That's quite a while for me. I have around 180 movies left on my classics list, but I'll try to watch more tv shows this year.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Jessica Jones is not as good but its an ok watch
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I'm enjoying Legends of Tomorrow so far. There are too many television shows available that I want to watch, though.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

2 - The Shannara Chronicles - This was free on demand until April so I decided to check it out since I enjoyed some of the Shannara books. This first season is an adaptation of The Elftstones of Shannara, the second book in the original trilogy. I thought it did a really nice job overall and I liked how they included the remnants of the old world since this takes place in a post-apocalyptic future after a nuclear war. That isn't really clear in the early books, but becomes evident in the later books. The acting and scenes were all pretty decent.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

3 - DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 1 - This was a fun show with a decent assortment of characters - Rip Hunter, Hawkgirl, Hawkman, Atom, Firestorm and so on. I'll tune in next year. Having a dvr now makes it lots easier.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

4 - School of Rock Season 1 - Nickelodeon turned this fun Jack Black movie into a preteen comedy. This first season lasted 12 episodes and essentially covers the same ground as the movie from Dewey Finn starting as a substitute up through Battle of the Bands. The story is stretched out more and I was a bit skeptical going in, but I thought the series was fun. Not at the same level as the movie of course, but not bad, despite many people being upset at the idea of the shows very existence. I probably wouldn't have watched the show if I wasn't a big fan of the movie, but I'm glad I did.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I started watching the first season of The Flash on Netflix. I've been using the dvr for season 2 summer reruns so I figured I'd watch the first season before delving into those. I thought the pilot episode was pretty good.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

5 - Blackish Season 1 - I've heard good things about this show for the past couple of years so I checked the first season out of the library. I ended up enjoying the season quite a bit and thought it was pretty funny. In case you haven't watched it, the show is about a middle class black family where the father is a senior vice president at an ad company, the wife is a doctor, their 16 year old daughter is a bit of a diva, their 15 year old son is a nerd and they have a younger boy and girl who are twins. All of the characters have their individual quirks and the combination works very well. It takes a few episodes for everything to gel, but is fun. We also have the father's coworkers and frequent visits from Dre's (the father) divorced parents.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

6 - Colony Season 1 - The Earth is conquered by aliens and the remaining humans are divided up into blocs with walls around them. This story takes place in one of the blocs in Los Angeles and deals with a man who joins the homeland security force (which works for the aliens) in order to try and find one of his sons who was separated from them during the invasion. His wife starts to work for the resistance. It was a fun and relatively short season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

7 - The Magicians Season 1 - This Syfy show is an adaptation of a series by Lev Grossman. Quentin is a postgrad student who has been enamored with a children's fantasy series about a world named Fillory since he was a kid. He soon finds out that there is a university called Brakebills in upstate New York that teaches magic and he gains admittance. He also eventually discovers that Fillory is real. There is lots of intrigue and magic and personal drama with Quentin and his new friends at Brakebills as well as with his best friend, Julia, who was invited to Brakebills along with Quentin, but was not admitted. The season was pretty entertaining and well done.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

8 - Supergirl Season 1 - I enjoyed the show a lot and think they did a nice job with the villains and supporting cast. I'm glad that it got a second chance on the CW.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I watched the first three episodes of The Good Place with Kristen Bell and Ted Danson this week. It's a pretty funny show and I hope it lasts. I also watched the Pitch premiere and enjoyed it. I'm interested to see how it unfolds.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

9 - The Haunted Hathaways Season 1 - I caught an episode of this Nickelodeon show by chance earlier in the year and found it amusing enough to watch the first season. A mother and her two daughters move into a haunted mansion in Louisiana. The mansion is haunted by a man and his two sons, all ghosts. They come to an agreement to share the home. I thought the first season was fun, even if it does have low ratings on imdb.