Television Favorites!

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: Television Favorites!

Post by Rusty »

10 - The Haunted Hathaways Season 2 - The second season was just as much fun as the first.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

11 - Arrow Season 3 - It had been a while since I last watched Arrow (a year and a half), but it didn't take long to get back into it This was another interesting and entertaining season. I plan to get caught up with the series and then switch over to ones on the dvr from the new season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

12 - Arrow Season 4 - I thought this season was also pretty good. I have to admit, though, that the fight scenes seem to get a bit repetitive when binge watching. Now I plan to watch the few episodes that have aired this season and I'll be all caught up. Then I plan to catch up on Flash.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

13 - The Flash Season 1 - I finally finished the first season and I loved it. Very entertaining, though we'll see where it goes from there. I'll start season 2 fairly soon.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

14 - The Flash Season 2 - This season was also pretty entertaining with Zoom being the main villain and Earth 2 and Jay Garrick being introduced. Now to get caught up on season 3 so I can watch the Invasion crossover.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

1 - Pitch Season 1 - Ginny Baker is a pitcher who becomes the first woman to play major league baseball when she is called up by the San Diego Padres. The show flashes back at times to her childhood to show where she got her start and motivation. It also shows the occasional scene from the minor leagues where she slowly worked her way up to the top. The support of her teammates is something that comes gradually and she struggles with always being in the spotlight wherever she goes and having tons of paparazzi around. Overall it was a fun series with good characters and a good baseball backdrop. I hope it gets a second season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

2 - Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency Season 1 - I watched this series today and loved it, except maybe for parts of the ending. It was quirky and funny through much of it and I thought the acting was very good. Definitely looking forward to season 2.
Last edited by Rusty on Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

3 - Westworld Season 1 - This show is based on the Michael Crichton movie that came out in the early 1970s. Westworld is a giant theme park of a sort where guests dress in western clothing and experience a lifelike experience in the old west with lots and lots of robots who look and act like humans. However, some of the robots appear to be manifesting real consciousness and memories from previous incarnations (they are often mindwiped and reset). The show has received a lot of hype and I enjoyed it, but not as much as I was expecting. It was very downbeat through much of it.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

4 - Blunt Talk Season 1 - Patrick Stewart stars as a left wing newscaster named Walter Blunt who has his own nightly news/talk show on the UBS network. Blunt was a colonel in the Falklands war and has an interesting cast of assistants around him. I thought the show was pretty funny and I enjoyed it a lot.Stewart in particular is good in this.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

5 - Blunt Talk Season 2 - This season was just as fun as the first season. Too bad it didn't get picked up for a third season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

6 - Orphan Black Season 4 - This season was good, but I didn't like it as much as the first three seasons.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

7 - Beyond Season 1 - Holden is a middle school boy who gets into a bike accident and wakes from a coma 12 years later. It turns out that while he was in the coma, his consciousness was in another world, though he has no memories from there. Several people are looking for him for their own purposes and he eventually discovers that he has abilities due to his time in the other realm. It was a decent show that has only started scratching the surface of the backstory.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

8 - The Good Place Season 1 - Kristen Bell stars as a selfish and mean woman who dies in a freak parking lot accident and finds herself in 'The Good Place' as a reward for the many wonderful things that she did during her life. However, she soon realizes that the good deeds were performed by another woman with the same name who died at the same time and that she is in 'The Good Place' by mistake. Lots of comedy and nice performances from the various cast members, including Ted Danson who is in charge of this particular good place.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

9 - Killjoys Season 1 - Killjoys are bounty hunters in the future who operate in a multi-planet system. Dutch is a top Killjoy and is very successful with her partner, John. The duo becomes a trio when John's brother, D'avin, becomes the target of a warrant. This changes the dynamic of the group, but they still are pretty successful. The series is pretty entertaining and there is plenty of action and some intrigue as well.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

10 - Red Dwarf Season XI - The latest season of Red Dwarf was a lot of fun. I thought it was a very solid return to classic Red Dwarf comedy.