Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Rusty wrote:Beer League - 5/10 - Artie plays softball with cigarette in his mouth and a beer in his hand. He still lives with his mom and is still hung up over his rival from high school who is more successful than he is. I thought the movie was amusing, though full of lowbrow humor. Not a bad movie, but nothing spectacular either.
I rem that came and went pretty fast, I had forgotten he did that movie
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Zoom: Academy for Superheroes - 6/10 - This movie has gotten panned by a number of sources, but I liked it. Tim Allen was funny and I thought the kids were entertaining as well - especially Princess.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Idiocracy - 4.5/10 - The movie features Joe, who is average in almost every respect. He's drafted into a hibernation program that is supposed to last a year, but he wakes up 500 years in the future where everyone and everything is dumbed down a lot. He is suddenly the smartest guy in the world and gets called upon to fix the world's problems. I found the movie to be fairly humorous, though it is often intentionally dumb (that's the point). I laughed at the size of the costco, though. Not a bad movie, but it could have been better.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Rusty wrote:Idiocracy - 4.5/10 - The movie features Joe, who is average in almost every respect. He's drafted into a hibernation program that is supposed to last a year, but he wakes up 500 years in the future where everyone and everything is dumbed down a lot. He is suddenly the smartest guy in the world and gets called upon to fix the world's problems. I found the movie to be fairly humorous, though it is often intentionally dumb (that's the point). I laughed at the size of the costco, though. Not a bad movie, but it could have been better.
I would give it a 6 iI think but im a pretty good fan of Office Space
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

American Pie Presents Band Camp - 7/10 - I wasn't expecting more than a few laughs out of this movie, but I ended up liking it quite a bit. It has a mostly original cast from the earlier movies, but it was funny and entertaining. Stifler's little brother gets 'sentenced' to band camp and hijinks ensue. Not a great movie, but fun to watch.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

does his brother end up drinking anything .... abnormal?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:does his brother end up drinking anything .... abnormal?
Yes - a can full of the remnants of various spit valves. He gets his revenge, though. He's more likeable than his brother.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

The Greatest Game Ever Played - 8/10 - The story of Francis Ouimet, a young amateur who gets a chance to play in the 1913 US Open at a course where he used to caddy. I thought the movie was very well done and fun to watch, though I guess it helps if you like golf.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Rusty wrote:
Psychotic_Carp wrote:does his brother end up drinking anything .... abnormal?
Yes - a can full of the remnants of various spit valves. He gets his revenge, though. He's more likeable than his brother.
spit valves?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:spit valves?
Instruments like trumpets, trombones, tubas, etc. have spit valves that collect the spit from when people are blowing on the instrument. They have to be emptied every once in a while. If you've seen Mr. Holland's Opus, one of the horn players in the alumni band emptied his on the high school girl next to him (on her shoe I think). In the movie, the jerk from the other school empties a bunch of spit valves into a soda can and then swaps cans when Stifler isn't looking.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

eww
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Employee of the Month - 6.5/10 - I'm not really a fan of Dane Cook or Jessica Simpson, but I enjoyed this movie about a slacker who has worked for 10 years at one of those Costco type stores and is still a box boy. He does as little as possible and is satisfied with that until a new girl starts working there. He decides to try for employee of the month to score with her and to piss off the guy who has won it 17 months in a row.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I like dane cook a bit but im not a huge fan.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:I like dane cook a bit but im not a huge fan.
I've never seen any of his comedy. I'd heard of him, but this was the first thing of his I can remember seeing.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Camp - 8/10 - I really like this movie about a summer camp for kids who are into musical theater. The guy in charge had a huge hit on Broadway and then has been a failure since. Most of the kids are messed up in some way or another. The drama was good and the music was really good.