Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I watched Hotel Rwanda tonight. It was a very powerful movie. I've liked Don Cheadle in other movies and he was excellent here. If you haven't seen it, I recommend that you do.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

It doesn't look like anyone else is watching movies lately.

I watched Blade Trinity tonight and thought that it might be the best of the three. It was pretty good. I thought it would be okay and ended up liking it quite a bit more than I was expecting.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

kurt culler wrote:It doesn't look like anyone else is watching movies lately.

I watched Blade Trinity tonight and thought that it might be the best of the three. It was pretty good. I thought it would be okay and ended up liking it quite a bit more than I was expecting.
I have only seen one movie this month and that was raging bull, wasnt that great to me :(
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

I really like Blade Trinity, although I heard Wesley Snipes wasn't too happy with it I really liked it better than the last one I think.
It's not that I'm not watching movies, Patriot Games is on right now, it's just that I haven't seen any new ones lately.

I still haven't seen Hotel Rwanda and I think it just showed up at my video rental store.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:I really like Blade Trinity, although I heard Wesley Snipes wasn't too happy with it I really liked it better than the last one I think.
It's not that I'm not watching movies, Patriot Games is on right now, it's just that I haven't seen any new ones lately.

I still haven't seen Hotel Rwanda and I think it just showed up at my video rental store.
You should rent Hotel Rwanda if you get a chance. It's very good. Blade Trinity was the last of 4 dvds I had out from the library. I'll probably get a few more out next week. Meanwhile, I've started watching season 3 of Monk, which I taped back around July 4th when USA had a marathon.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I went to see An Unfinished Life tonight with my mom and dad. This is the new movie with Robert Redford, Morgan Freeman, and Jennifer Lopez. I've been wanting to see it for a couple of weeks now, since I saw a preview and read an article about it. It was excellent and might merit Oscar consideration. Redford, Freeman and newcomer Becca Gardner especially were very, very good. It's only showing in 3 theaters in the area, but fortunately, one of them is a theater that we frequent.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:I went to see An Unfinished Life tonight with my mom and dad. This is the new movie with Robert Redford, Morgan Freeman, and Jennifer Lopez. I've been wanting to see it for a couple of weeks now, since I saw a preview and read an article about it. It was excellent and might merit Oscar consideration. Redford, Freeman and newcomer Becca Gardner especially were very, very good. It's only showing in 3 theaters in the area, but fortunately, one of them is a theater that we frequent.
Is it sad? Funny? Depressing? Enlightening? I know for sure it's too small to come here to Guatemala so it's one I'll just have to hope they get in as a rental when the DVD comes out.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
kurt culler wrote:I went to see An Unfinished Life
Is it sad? Funny? Depressing? Enlightening? I know for sure it's too small to come here to Guatemala so it's one I'll just have to hope they get in as a rental when the DVD comes out.
Lopez's character is trying to run away from an abusive boyfriend and takes her 11 year old daughter to live with the girl's grandfather (Redford). Redford hadn't seen Lopez in 12 years, ever since the funeral for his son (her husband). He never knew he had a granddaughter and has been somewhat detached and still hurts from losing his son. He takes care of his old friend (played by Morgan Freeman) who was crippled by a bear the year before. A lot of the movie focuses on the relationship that develops between the girl (Becca Gardner) and her grandfather. The movie can be funny at times, but mainly concerns itself with the journey the characters take in overcoming their loss and starting to put their lives back together. It is very well done.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I finally saw the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and it was good
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:I finally saw the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and it was good
Kind of a blend of all the movies, with some definite new stuff thrown in. They handled Zaphod differently than I expected...
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

derangeddm wrote: Kind of a blend of all the movies, with some definite new stuff thrown in. They handled Zaphod differently than I expected...
I have only seen the movie I havent read the book nor have I seen the brit movies :(
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
derangeddm wrote: Kind of a blend of all the movies, with some definite new stuff thrown in. They handled Zaphod differently than I expected...
I have only seen the movie I havent read the book nor have I seen the brit movies :(
I meant to say "books" not movies. Not typing so well...
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

derangeddm wrote:
I meant to say "books" not movies. Not typing so well...
thats some pretty bad misspelling :P
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I thought the movie was okay, but not as good as I was hoping for.. I didn't care much for Zooey Deschanel's Trillian though. It was better than the BBC version at least.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I watched the Sci Fi Channel movie of Riverworld tonight. I'd heard it wasn't very good, but thought it was passable as long as you didn't try to compare it to the books. Not great, but eh.