Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Re: Movies

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I watched Micheal Clayton today that was a good watch I wanted to watch Gone Baby Gone but I didnt get to it :(
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:810:
30 - Martian Child - 8/10 - The story of a successful science fiction writer (and widower) who decides to adopt a troubled child who thinks he is from Mars. I thought the movie had a very nice story with a good performance by John Cusack and an even better performance by the kid he adopted. The story is based on the novel by David Gerrold and was inspired by Gerrold's real experiences with the son he adopted.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:7510:
31 - Across the Universe - 7.5/10 - A large number of Beatles songs woven together into a romance set against the backdrop of the Vietnam War and the Peace Movement in the 1960s. I thought the music was the best part of the picture and it made the story work in this context. A fun picture and I enjoyed seeing the various songs mixed into the larger story.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:6510:
32 - Things We Lost In the Fire - 6.5/10 - A movie about coping with loss as a man dies leaving behind a wife and two young children. The man's best friend moves in with them and they help each other heal. I enjoyed the movie, but thought it could have been better.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Older movie? I have never heard of it.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

It came out last October. It stars Halle Berry and Benicio del Toro with David Duchovny as the guy who dies.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:710:
33 - Bee Movie - 7/10 - A young bee graduates from college and wants to explore the world instead of working at the honey factory for the rest of his life. I enjoyed the movie, but it isn't in the same league as the Pixar movies.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

34 - Cloverfield - 7/10 - I'm not really much of a monster movie fan, but I liked this film about a monster attacking Manhattan and the effect it had on a small group of people. The monster is mostly in the background during the film.
Hella
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by Hella »

I saw Cloverfield in the theaters. I think that was the only way to see that kind of action and shooting style on a screen that size. I'd imagine it'd be a lot tougher to watch on a smaller television screen. I enjoyed it for what it was, but it's not a movie I have to see again.

Ali and I went to go see Indiana Jones last night. I've mostly heard bad things, but I really enjoyed it. Obviously it doesn't live up to the original movies, but it was good enough that I would watch it again.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I think its one of those movies that need jesus to walk out for some people to think its good
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

35 - Golden Compass - 7/10 - I'm not sure I would have enjoyed the movie as much if I hadn't read the book. I thought the movie was pretty faithful, but would have benefited greatly from another hour to expand the story and fill in details.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

The golden compass is one of the movies i have wanted to see but I missed it in the theaters
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:6510:
36 - The Orphanage - 6.5/10 - A family purchases an old orphanage where the mother grew up as a child. Her son starts playing with invisible friends who might not be so imaginary. This horror movie wasn't bad, but I found it kind of boring and not at the same level as Pan's Labyrinth and The Devil's Backbone, which I loved. Maybe worth seeing if you are a del Toro fan, though he only produced this one.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Over the weekend I watched the golden compass and Rambo, I also caught Indiana Jones.

I didnt like the golden compass very much mostly for the non ending it had.

Rambo was bloody but a pretty good watch.

I think Indiana was ok but there was too much "ohh look theres the great Indiana Jones"
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

37 - The Incredible Hulk - 8.5/10 - This movie had lots of action and a pretty good story as well. It starts years after the incident that created the Hulk and refers back to the origin via flashback. Not quite as good as Iron Man, but pretty solid.