Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: Movies

Post by Rusty »

:710:
2 - Superbad - 7/10 - I didn't like the first half hour or so of this movie and I found Seth to be very annoying. As soon as McLovin went into the party store, though, I thought the movie became a lot better.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:6510:
3 - The Reaping - 6.5/10 - A jaded professor (Hilary Swank) who investigates supposed miracles is asked to come to a small Louisiana town where the river has apparently turned to blood. The town is subject to the Biblical plagues and she has to find out why before it is too late. I thought the movie wasn't too bad. It was kind of predictable toward the end, but was entertaining.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:910:
4 - The Bucket List - 9/10 - Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman play two terminally ill men who meet in the hospital and decide to make a list of things to do before they die and then try to cross them off.

Sentimental? ... Definitely.
Predictable? ... Somewhat.
Entertaining? ... Very much

I thought it was very moving and funny with very nice performances from the two actors.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Did you have today off to? or go after work?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I went to a preview screening with my dad tonight. It was at the Emagine Theater in Novi so I had a bit of a drive. I went over there for dinner and then we saw the film.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:5510:
5 - High School Musical 2 - 5.5/10 - I liked the first High School Musical and thought it was pretty good, but the second one isn't that great. It isn't bad, exactly, but whereas the first movie had a decent story and the music went along as part of the story, this movie seems to exist mainly so that the cast can sing/perform more songs. The story is kind of thrown in there to support the songs instead of the other way around.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:510:
6 - Babylon 5 Lost Tales: Voices In the Dark - 5/10 - Definitely a low budget to revive the B5 franchise. It had its moments, especially at the end, but overall was fairly boring. I loved the original B5 series, but don't think this dvd will be bringing too many new fans to the franchise.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:610:
7 - Balls of Fury - 6/10 - Not a great movie, but definitely one that I enjoyed. It features a washed up ping pong player going undercover for the FBI in an underworld ping pong tournament. Fairly predictable, but enough laughs to keep it going plus lots of nice shots of Maggie Q.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Rusty wrote::510:
6 - Babylon 5 Lost Tales: Voices In the Dark - 5/10 - Definitely a low budget to revive the B5 franchise. It had its moments, especially at the end, but overall was fairly boring. I loved the original B5 series, but don't think this dvd will be bringing too many new fans to the franchise.

Everything after the series seems to suck to me
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:7510:
8 - The Paper - 7.5/10 - Michael Keaton stars as an editor at a New York newspaper who is debating leaving for a job at another newspaper, but finds it hard to leave the paper he loves when a big story hits. I like this movie quite a bit. Keaton had a nice string of movies in the late 80s to mid90s.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:910:
9 - Stardust - 9/10 - A very nice adaptation of the graphic novel by Neil Gaiman and Charles Vess about a boy who crosses the Wall to enter a magic kingdom in search of a fallen star. The result is a fairy tale with nice performances from the lead actors and supporting cast.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

10 - Superman: Doomsday - 7.5/10 - This movie does a pretty nice job adapting the death and return of Superman storylines. They had to cut a bunch of stuff out and change a few things, but that goes with changing mediums, I guess.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

11 - Juno - 7.5/10 - A 16 year old girl gets pregnant from a one night stand with her best friend and deals with the pregnancy in an offbeat way. I enjoyed the movie, though I didn't think it was necessarily one of the best films of the year.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I think roeper had that as one of his top 10 movies of the year, but I dont seem to have the same taste he does
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

King of Kong: Fistful of Quarters
: I just watched this today, the first 30-45 min it wasnt that great it kinda dragged setting things up but then it starts rolling pretty fast, A real good watch if your into old games, pretty good watch if your not.