Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
tommi
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by tommi »

fluffy wrote:
azianboi044 wrote:
fluffy wrote:OH dear I watched the second Triple XXX last night because I like Ice Cube. EEk...it was terrible.
:shock: :shock: take it back
No I really thought the writer should have been shot.
wat was so badd about it?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I just got done watching Sideways with Paul Giamatti and I can see now why it garnered so much attention at Oscar time. I still think MIllion Dollar Baby is a better movie, but Sideways was excellent - very humorous and fun.
tommi
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by tommi »

kurt culler wrote:I just got done watching Sideways with Paul Giamatti and I can see now why it garnered so much attention at Oscar time. I still think MIllion Dollar Baby is a better movie, but Sideways was excellent - very humorous and fun.
so kurt i c that ur still awake, anyway wats sideways about?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

AZNdude wrote:
kurt culler wrote:I just got done watching Sideways with Paul Giamatti and I can see now why it garnered so much attention at Oscar time. I still think MIllion Dollar Baby is a better movie, but Sideways was excellent - very humorous and fun.
so kurt i c that ur still awake, anyway wats sideways about?
Sideways is about two guys who were friends in college. One of them is an actor who is getting married in a week and the other guy is a middle school English teacher who is trying to get a book published. The teacher knows a lot about wine and takes his friend for a trip to wine country for the 1 week before the guy gets married. All sorts of hilarity and shenanigans ensue. It might be more fun for adults than for kids and teens, but it is a very good movie.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I watched Ocean's Twelve tonight and it wasn't nearly as good as the first movie. There seemed to be a lot of posturing and much of it was kind of boring. The movie wasn't horrible, just so-so.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:I watched Ocean's Twelve tonight and it wasn't nearly as good as the first movie. There seemed to be a lot of posturing and much of it was kind of boring. The movie wasn't horrible, just so-so.
That's what I thought, although there was quite a bit of time I was completely confused.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
kurt culler wrote:I watched Ocean's Twelve tonight and it wasn't nearly as good as the first movie. There seemed to be a lot of posturing and much of it was kind of boring. The movie wasn't horrible, just so-so.
That's what I thought, although there was quite a bit of time I was completely confused.
It just seemed like a pretty stupid set-up... and yes, it was rather confusing.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I watched The Terminal again tonight. It was a fun movie. I've enjoyed most of the movies Tom Hanks has been in.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:I watched The Terminal again tonight. It was a fun movie. I've enjoyed most of the movies Tom Hanks has been in.
I thought it was wonderful but most people I talked to thought it was boring. I think I've spent too much time in airports. Tom Hanks was great, and Stanley Tucci was too.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I just got done watching the SciFi Channel movie Earthsea on dvd. It was decent in parts, especially later, but overall it was pretty boring. I haven't read the books it was based on, but Ursula K. Leguin trashed it. It was very slow moving and uninspiring for the most part.
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

kurt culler wrote:I just got done watching the SciFi Channel movie Earthsea on dvd. It was decent in parts, especially later, but overall it was pretty boring. I haven't read the books it was based on, but Ursula K. Leguin trashed it. It was very slow moving and uninspiring for the most part.
As someone who read the books but didn't see the movie - then the movie was accurate (sadly). A Wizard of Earthsea was a fairly uninspiring and boring series...
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

derangeddm wrote:
kurt culler wrote:I just got done watching the SciFi Channel movie Earthsea on dvd. It was decent in parts, especially later, but overall it was pretty boring. I haven't read the books it was based on, but Ursula K. Leguin trashed it. It was very slow moving and uninspiring for the most part.
As someone who read the books but didn't see the movie - then the movie was accurate (sadly). A Wizard of Earthsea was a fairly uninspiring and boring series...
That's too bad. I've often heard the books held up as an example of of a very good literate scifi series, but this is probably from the same english teacher consortium that forces Death of a Salesman and Moby Dick down kids throats. I've got the books, but have never had the urge to make them my next series.
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

kurt culler wrote:That's too bad. I've often heard the books held up as an example of of a very good literate scifi series, but this is probably from the same english teacher consortium that forces Death of a Salesman and Moby Dick down kids throats. I've got the books, but have never had the urge to make them my next series.
They are well-written, but move far too slowly for my tastes. They certainly aren't The Lord of the Rings...
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I just watched Racing Stripes which was a fun little movie. Nothing exceptional or surprising, but entertaining.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

And now I just got done watching Assault On Precinct 13. I haven't seen the John Carpenter version, but this was a very good movie with lots of action. The dvd extras were pretty good too.