Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
kurt culler wrote:
Shall We Dance - a good movie with lots of dancing (hence the title). Plus having Jennifer Lopez in it doesn't hurt.
you mean like it didnt hurt jersey girl?
didn't hurt it one bit for me
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

kurt culler wrote: didn't hurt it one bit for me
for you maybe
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
kurt culler wrote: didn't hurt it one bit for me
for you maybe
Yes that was a mess for Kevin Smith, but I have to say it was also my least favorite of his movies. I haven't even bought it as a DVD...I really don't have an urge to see it again.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I loved the movie but I have the advantage of have never seen gili
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:I loved the movie but I have the advantage of have never seen gili
I saw Gigli but that was a wrongly cast film. I think Affleck was totally miscast as the shyster dude, and Matt Dillon would have been perfect. Lopez and the handicapped kid were terrific. Unfortunately the publicity about their relationship messed up the films, both of them. Imagine if Katie Holmes and TomCruise were acting in two films in a row right now where they had relationships in the films. It would turn the circus that is already the Tatie into a horrible joke.

And the films would suffer.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:I loved the movie but I have the advantage of have never seen gili
I never saw Gigli either and have no desire to
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:
The Seed of Chucky is better.
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

fluffy wrote:
kurt culler wrote:
The Seed of Chucky is better.
I suspect the term for that statement is "damned by faint praise".
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

well I have my Steamboy soundtrack now, if anyone wants some songs from it ill try to post a couple.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

I had to go to Guatemala City to pick up some stuff for work so I stopped and caught the 3 o'clock showing of Sahara. Thank God it only cost a dollar because I really was disappointed in the film. It wasn't that it was bad, it's just that I love Clive Cussler's novels so much that I think I expected too much from the film.
It was very slow in parts, and Steve Zahn was miscast as Al Giordino and Penelope Cruz was pretty weak as well. Matthew McCaunaghey just didn't pull off Dirk Pitt for me either although I thought Macy was good as Sandecker.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I had forgotten about that movie!
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:I had to go to Guatemala City to pick up some stuff for work so I stopped and caught the 3 o'clock showing of Sahara. Thank God it only cost a dollar because I really was disappointed in the film. It wasn't that it was bad, it's just that I love Clive Cussler's novels so much that I think I expected too much from the film.
It was very slow in parts, and Steve Zahn was miscast as Al Giordino and Penelope Cruz was pretty weak as well. Matthew McCaunaghey just didn't pull off Dirk Pitt for me either although I thought Macy was good as Sandecker.
I saw it back in April (for a buck) and I really liked it. I thought it was fun and upbeat. I haven't read any of the Pitt novels in about 10 years, but I didn't have any problems with the casting.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Oh it was fun and upbeat, it just didn't have the kick I was expecting. Like I said, I went in with expectations plus it probably doesn't help that I reread the book recently. Sometimes that messes up a movie. At one point I tried to imagine what I'd be thinking if I knew nothing about the character going into the film. Of course...I have no idea, silly me.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I watched Barbershop 2 tonight and it was pretty good. Not quite as funny as the original, but entertaining.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

I watched Hostage last night with Bruce Willis and Kevin Pollack. I enjoyed it although I can't say I've ever seen Willis cry before on screen. Very twisty film.