Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: Movies

Post by Rusty »

:710:
126 - All the Money in the World - 7/10 - The story of the Getty kidnapping from the 1970s is told here as the grandson of the richest man in the world is kidnapped for ransom and the grandfather refuses to pay any ransom. I thought the movie was okay, but was kind of dull.

:5510:
127 - A Wrinkle in Time - 5.5./10 - I didn't really like the book that much, but the trailer for the movie looked interesting. Unfortunately it isn't a very good movie. The visuals aren't bad, but the story seems kind of simplistic and the movie wasn't that interesting.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:7510:
128 - Pacific Rim: Uprising - 7.5/10 - The sequel takes place 10 years after the first movie. It wasn't a great film, but it was entertaining. I thought it was just about as good as the first film.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

129 - Annihilation - 7/10 - A biologist joins a group that enters the Shimmer, a mysterious phenomenon that appeared a few years ago where anybody who enters never returns...except for her husband who finally returns after being missing for a year. It is a science fiction horror movie and parts of it were pretty good, but I didn't really enjoy the whole tone of the movie.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

130 - The Devil's Brigade - 7/10 - A Lieutenant Colonel with no combat experience is put in charge of a new unity where half the members are misfits from other units and the rest are Canadian soldiers. The movie is entertaining, though it doesn't really stand out compared to similar WWII films from that era.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

131 - The Miracles of the Namiya General Store - 7.5/10 - Three teenagers break into a boarded up store after robbing a woman. The owner of the store used to give advice to people who wrote letters to him. Letters start to arrive while they are there and it turns out that there is a connection to the past 32 years earlier. A pretty good film.

:810:
132 - Destiny: The Tale of Kamakura - 8/10 - A fantasy about a writer and his young wife as they encounter the supernatural around them. I liked this one a lot.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

133 - Won't You Be My Neighbor - 8/10 - This documentary about Mister Rogers was interesting.

134 - Blade of the Immortal - 8/10 - I thought they did a really nice job adapting the manga. The actors playing Manji and Rin were really good.

135 - Gintama - 7.5/10 - While there were a few lulls, this adaptation of the manga is crazy and pretty funny and filled with many crazy characters, just like the manga.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

136 - Venom - 7.5/10 - I saw this today and enjoyed it. I've heard lots of negative reviews and it certainly isn't perfect, but I thought it was pretty entertaining.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

137 - Hearts Beat Loud - 8/10 - Frank Fisher owns a record store that is about to close. His daughter Sam is about to leave New York to attend college at UCLA. Frank has been raising his daughter alone since the death of her mother in a cycling accident years earlier. The two start collaborating on a few songs and Frank wants them to form a band, even though she is leaving soon. This is a very nice comedy/drama with plenty of good father/daughter moments
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

138 - Ralph Breaks the Internet - 8/10 - This was a fun sequel. Vanellope's game breaks so she and Ralph go to the internet in search of a part to save her game. Lots of jokes and fun bits. The Disney princesses were cool.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

139 - Creed II - 7.5/10 - Formulaic and predictable, but still entertaining. Victor Drago, the son of Ivan Drago, plays the main opponent for Adonis Creed here.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

140 - Aquaman - 8/10 - I thought it was pretty entertaining. Great visuals and a decent story.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

141 - Mary Poppins Returns - 7.5/10 - This seemed pretty similar to the original. This was likely by design. The movie was entertaining enough.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

1 - The Conversation - 7/10 - Gene Hackman stars as a surveillance expert who is hired to record a conversation in a public area. He becomes concerned that the people he recorded might be in danger. It was kind of a dull movie, but it had its moments.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

2 - Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library - 7/10 - A group of kids are selected for a game to try and escape from a fantastic new library and it gets a bit out of control. Definitely made for kids, but it was decent.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

3 - The Red Violin - 8/10 - The last violin from a famous violin maker makes it way through history before ending up for auction in Montreal in the late 1990s. It is reputed to be one of the most perfect musical instruments. The stories of its owners unfold amidst some of the auction action. I thought it was pretty good.