Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Idlewild - 4.5/10 - I liked the trailer for this movie, but I'm glad I didn't go see the movie in the theater. The music and sets were nice, but I didn't think much of the story or the rest of the movie in general. I was expecting to enjoy it a lot more.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I watched Hollywoodland today, I thought it was ok but not as goos as I thought it would be.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

John Tucker Must Die - 6/10 - The story of the movie is pretty much told in the trailer - a guy dates a bunch of girls, each of whom thinks they are the only one. When they find out, they decide to get revenge with the help of Kate, the new girl. I liked the movie, though, and thought it was fun, even if not especially innovative.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Little Miss Sunshine - 6.5/10 - This movie is about a little girl in a dysfunctional family who is invited to participate in a beauty contest in California. Each of her family members has a problem, from a failing business, to drugs to a suicide attempt. I thought the movie was pretty good overall, though I didn't care for it as much as a lot of the reviews I've read. The ending at the pageant was hilarious, though.
tommi
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by tommi »

Has anyone seen Ghostrider?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I'm planning to go see Ghost Rider tomorrow afternoon. It looks pretty good.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Ghost Rider - 5.5/10 - I liked the movie overall, but it was kind of hokey and the story wasn't the greatest. It could have been much better. There were some cool parts, though.
tommi
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by tommi »

Rusty wrote:Ghost Rider - 5.5/10 - I liked the movie overall, but it was kind of hokey and the story wasn't the greatest. It could have been much better. There were some cool parts, though.

I thought it was pretty good.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I watched Robotech: Shadow Chronicles, it was pretty good story was good but the main thing I didnt like is that he mechs were too "robotic" it didnt have the flow standard animation would have given them
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

The Program - I hadn't seen this movie in 5-6 years, but it was on cable so I decided to watch it again. Not a bad film, but a little dull at times. If you like college football, it's pretty decent. Plus it had Halle Berry in it.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Rusty wrote:The Program - I hadn't seen this movie in 5-6 years, but it was on cable so I decided to watch it again. Not a bad film, but a little dull at times. If you like college football, it's pretty decent. Plus it had Halle Berry in it.
do they still leave out the scene with them on the road?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
Rusty wrote:The Program - I hadn't seen this movie in 5-6 years, but it was on cable so I decided to watch it again. Not a bad film, but a little dull at times. If you like college football, it's pretty decent. Plus it had Halle Berry in it.
do they still leave out the scene with them on the road?
dunno. what was in that scene?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Flags of Our Fathers - 7.5/10 - This movie tells the story of the men who raised the flag in the famous photo on Iwo Jima. It is told mostly through flashbacks and switches back and forth between action on the island and the three surviving soldiers as they tour the country trying to help the government sell war bonds. This was a very good movie, just not quite as good as I was expecting.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Flicka - 6/10 - Not a bad movie, just a little unconvincing for the first hour. The last half hour of the movie is better. The movie is about a girl who comes home from boarding school with nothing on her mind but horses. She finds a mustang and tries to tame her, against the wishes of her father.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

The Departed - 9.5/10 - I can see why this movie won Best Picture. It is an excellent film with splendid performances by Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, Leo DiCaprio and others. If you aren't familiar with it, DiCaprio plays a Massachusetts state trooper who goes undercover to help build a case against a mob boss played by Nicholson.