hows your day going ?

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I'll have to readjust my sleeping schedule in a couple of days. Of course, I've had some problems sleeping for months now, but during vacations I tend to stay up later than I should.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

This is day 2 of working on the computer I just got back from the kids.... it took me about 5 seconds to figure out why it wasnt turning on, the rest of the time I have been modifying the hard drives (installing one and changing the partitions) and other crap :(
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I went to put something away in the basement and found water in the basement. My sewer line was blocked and it came up through the drains. I had a guy coming out to check on it already because I knew there was some blockage, but this is the first time water came up out of the other drain and partially flooded the basement. It didn't go up very high, though, and nothing important got wet. He came out today to clear the line and I'm using a shopvac on the water. I'll need to get the sewer line replaced, though, since I think it is caving in.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Im always afraid your going to lose a lot of your stuff because its down there, basements flood
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

The area around the house was dug up and pea gravel was put in. This is the first time I've had water down there and it was because of the sewer line. The sump pump also broke loose so I'm getting a new one installed tomorrow. I'm going to get the sewer line replaced and that should take care of the problem.

Also, since I have the comics up on shelving units, they're fairly safe. And if the worst happens, I'll collect on the insurance and look to rebuild the collection..or at least parts of it.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Im about to order a couple hundred bucks in upgrade parts, im going to puke :(
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I spent another day trying to come up witha good background for the site :( this is killing me :(
Hella
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by Hella »

What kind of background? And for where?
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

hashes/ lines/ gradients

for the main page
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I spent the day over at my parents house. We went out to Red Robin for lunch and then back to their house for cake. I got a smaller assortment of presents this year, but there wasn't really much that I wanted. We played cards for a few hours afterward and then I came home. Sunday is going to be a day of relaxation and reading.
Hella
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by Hella »

I've deleted about 30 users from my board in the past few weeks that have been signing up to spam the forum. I get at least 5 new accounts a day with this shit. It's unbelievable how bad it has gotten. Every time I hear my mail client ding, I know it's a new user to delete. Ridiculous.

Besides that crap, Ali and I went to her parents for dinner and to play cards. Her sister is loud as hell and I always go home with a headache. I don't know how her husband can put up with the volume. I should bring ear plugs next time...

Tomorrow night is the premier of 24!!
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Maybe he's gone slightly deaf and can ignore it.. Could the sister actually have a hearing problem and be talking louder to compensate? Really loud people kind of annoy me, too.
Starfire
Been Posting a Bit
Been Posting a Bit

Post by Starfire »

Happy Birthday, Rusty!

Hope you have a good one :D
Lenorene
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Walk up to her and yell in her ear when you want to talk to her she will get the clue at some point, I have those spammers too, I have it so I need to accept the person before they can post, I also have it so you have to register to see the member list or anything else.

Happy birthday Kurt, you have the same birthday as my sister.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Thanks Dave & Lorene.

Which sister, Dave?