hows your day going ?

This forum is to jibber and jabber
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:Always backup the things most important to you

Its probably just the switch in the back or its not plugged in :P
That happened to me today. I thought my monitor had broken because it wouldn't come on and the power cord to the monitor was unplugged. :?

Hella, MACS are teh best!!!
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Rusty wrote:I actually packed my lunch early this morning and stuck it in the fridge. I usually pack it just before I leave. So as a result, I forget to take it with me to work which I hadn't done in a couple of years. I also didn't have my id badge since I keep it attached to my lunch bag until I leave so that I won;t forget it. I knew that no one would even notice that I wasn't wearing it, though. Plus, I went to the cafeteria at the end of the lunch period to get a slice of pizza and some fries and they gave them to me free. Free food - yay!

I've been kind of tired this evening from not getting enough sleep lately. I'm looking forward to vacation when I can catch up somewhat. It's starting to snow again, though, so I'll probably have to get up early to do the drive and sidewalks.
You sound like you could use a break, Kurt. I am stunned you still have to have an ID badge after teaching there how many years?
My good news is that the Doc said I was 80 percent recovered and I was lucky I was so healthy before I got sick or the recovery would have taken 6 to 8 months :shock:
I have trouble wrapping my head around that.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote: Hella, MACS are teh best!!!
true dat.

I cleared an inch or two of snow this morning and then another 5-6 inches of very slushy wet snow after school. A few schools closed early, but we stayed open and will likely be open tomorrow which is fine with me since I'm giving tests. It wasn't too bad a day and a bunch of us went out for dinner/drinks after school. 1 more day till vacation...
Hella
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by Hella »

Rusty wrote:
fluffy wrote: Hella, MACS are teh best!!!
true dat.

It's starting to snow. Guess I gotta shovel tomorrow. :|
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I am a pilgrim in an unholy land :(
Starfire
Been Posting a Bit
Been Posting a Bit

Post by Starfire »

What is this 'snow' you Americans keep talking about?

No snow up here - ha ha! But we don't usually have a white Christmas - not that sticks anyhow - so this is pretty much the norm.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
I am stunned you still have to have an ID badge after teaching there how many years?
My good news is that the Doc said I was 80 percent recovered and I was lucky I was so healthy before I got sick or the recovery would have taken 6 to 8 months :shock:
I have trouble wrapping my head around that.
6-8 months? Yikes!!! I'm glad you're nearly back to full health. That's gotta be rough going through that. It took me a week last year before I started feeling normal again, and I thought THAT was a long time.

We just started doing the ID badge thing last year as schools become more security conscious. The administrators implemented the program for students and staff without any staff input. All students were issues lanyards color coded by grade with id badges attached to the end of them. A number of students decided it was fun to chew in the badges, thus destroying them. Many of the students would leave them at home or in their lockers. Students without them were supposed to get temporary badges from one of the secretaries, thus giving her a ton of extra work. Since there were no penalties for noncompliance, there was no real incentive for wearing them.

This year, they altered the strategy a bit by having teachers send down lists of names for students without badges and students were supposed to be issued detentions for not wearing them too many times, but this was not enforced. For the second card marking, they switched to having teachers in 1st hour pass out temporary badges and issuing Saturday school detentions for every third offense or for each individual offense after 1st hour. This has curbed the noncompliance somewhat, but too many students still carry them in their pocket or leave them in their locker instead of wearing them like they are supposed to. I think the policy is kind of stupid, but we're supposed to enforce them.

there is no penalty for teachers no wearing them, though most do wear them. I clip mine to my lunch bag each day so I can put it on when I go to work. Ours are on a clip instead of a lanyard. If they were on lanyards, I wouldn't wear it so I can see why the students don't particularly want to.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Today was a pretty good day. I gave tests in three hours, the other two classes were good, and had a pizza party with a few calc students during my 5th hour prep. We also played euchre during that hour. Plus, nobody stayed late after school so I got out at a decent time.

2 weeks of vacation beckons. yay!
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Rusty wrote: 2 weeks of vacation beckons. yay!
blow me
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
blow me
not tonight, dear, I've got a headache
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

you sick bastard!
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Rusty wrote:
Psychotic_Carp wrote:
blow me
not tonight, dear, I've got a headache
hahahaha you had to know that was coming Carp :P

Yeah 6-8 months ...that was a shocker. I hope to be back to all my regular shenanigans in January. Have a wonderful fun, restful vacay Kurt.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I just got all of my Christmas cards in the mail this morning. I was going to do al of that earlier in the week, but my printer ran out of ink and I had to wait a couple of days to get a new cartridge because I was busy. It's a relief to have them on their way. My parents send over 200 cards and are still working on them I believe.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

200! thats nuts!

I sent 1 card and that was to fluffy. I sent my brothers and sisters gifts out fri. I still need to get my moms out (its a tv I need to figure out how im going to send it and wrap it) I need to get trishes out and jennys if I can.
WebPayne

Post by WebPayne »

Shipping charge should be nice on that TV. :shock: