Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

derangeddm wrote:
Starfire wrote:
derangeddm wrote:Watched Serenity yesterday. It rocked..
I wish I'd gone to see Serenity last night instead of Flightplan.

Mistake!
Thanks for the tip. I'll take that as a warning, yes?
I still want to see Flightplan, but I kind of looked at it as a dvd rental.

I just finished watching Constantine on dvd. It was very good. I loved it in the theater and was glad to be able to see the last little bonus scene after the credits that I had missed. There were a lot of deleted scenes, but they didn't really add much to the story.
Starfire
Been Posting a Bit
Been Posting a Bit

Post by Starfire »

derangeddm wrote:I'll take that as a warning, yes?
Absolutment.
I just finished watching Constantine on dvd.
My husband went to that in the theatre without me, the rotter. I just bought the DVD - think I'll watch it tomorrow :D

We go to a lot of movies....
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

I thoroughly enjoyed Constantine. I have absolutely no idea what Serenity is , or is about.

I'll look it up on IMBD
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed Constantine. I have absolutely no idea what Serenity is , or is about.

I'll look it up on IMBD
Serenity is the continuation of Joss Whedon's tv series Firefly which was cut short after 11 episodes. The dvd set contains 3 unaired episodes and has sold really well. It is a space western with lots of action and humor and the dvd set is addictive once you start watching it. The movie has gotten reallygood reviews. There is also a 3 issue Serenity comic book which bridges the gap a bit between the end of the tv show and the beginning of the movie.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:
fluffy wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed Constantine. I have absolutely no idea what Serenity is , or is about.

I'll look it up on IMBD
Serenity is the continuation of Joss Whedon's tv series Firefly which was cut short after 11 episodes. The dvd set contains 3 unaired episodes and has sold really well. It is a space western with lots of action and humor and the dvd set is addictive once you start watching it. The movie has gotten reallygood reviews. There is also a 3 issue Serenity comic book which bridges the gap a bit between the end of the tv show and the beginning of the movie.
Well that sounds absolutely wonderful.
I know what a great writer he is. Maybe I'll invest in those DVDs.
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

fluffy wrote:
kurt culler wrote:Serenity is the continuation of Joss Whedon's tv series Firefly which was cut short after 11 episodes. The dvd set contains 3 unaired episodes and has sold really well. It is a space western with lots of action and humor and the dvd set is addictive once you start watching it. The movie has gotten reallygood reviews. There is also a 3 issue Serenity comic book which bridges the gap a bit between the end of the tv show and the beginning of the movie.
Well that sounds absolutely wonderful.
I know what a great writer he is. Maybe I'll invest in those DVDs.
I highly recommend them - it's how I got my wife hooked on the series. Oh - Kurt - it appears one of the T-shirts I got was from costume. The yellow shirt with black trim that Jayne wears for about the second half of the movie... It's kind of faded, even.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

derangeddm wrote: I highly recommend them - it's how I got my wife hooked on the series. Oh - Kurt - it appears one of the T-shirts I got was from costume. The yellow shirt with black trim that Jayne wears for about the second half of the movie... It's kind of faded, even.
Sounds great, though if you wear it, I wonder if anyone will realize that it's from the movie. I have one of the dogma shirts - the yellow one Matt Damon wears with Highway Infinity on it. Those are probably a bit more common than your Serenity shirt, though.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I watched Lords of Dogtown tonight. That was a very good movie and is based on a true story. It delves into the origins of competitive skateboarding.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I watched two movies tonight

The Final Cut with Robin Williams was very good. He was very serious in the role and did a good job.

Miracle at Oxford was pretty good. It's based on a true story and is about an annual race between Cambridge and Oxford in men's crew. More entertaining than it sounds.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

yeah well I still havent watched sean of the dead, thank god I use netflix
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:yeah well I still havent watched sean of the dead, thank god I use netflix
Shaun of the Dead was lots of fun. IDW has a Shaun of the Dead comic book. I just got issues 1 and 3 from Dreamland and issue 2 is on backorder.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I watched Shaolin Soccer this afternoon. It was pretty funny and very entertaining.
Starfire
Been Posting a Bit
Been Posting a Bit

Post by Starfire »

kurt culler wrote:I watched Shaolin Soccer this afternoon. It was pretty funny and very entertaining.
I liked that movie too.

We went to see Wallace and Gromit today. It was good - definitely worth a matinee ticket.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:I watched Shaolin Soccer this afternoon. It was pretty funny and very entertaining.
I thought that was a really fun film.

I love the Wallace and Gromit films. I have the box set of the first three and I didn't buy Chicken Run although I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I just think the claymation and the humor in those films are so classic!
Starfire
Been Posting a Bit
Been Posting a Bit

Post by Starfire »

fluffy wrote:I just think the claymation and the humor in those films are so classic!
I agree - they have jokes for the tiny kids and jokes for those that are a little more grown up.

I just realized yesterday that my daughter is understanding the grown up jokes now. Yikes!