Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I think the only movie I want to see this month is Serenity
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:I think the only movie I want to see this month is Serenity
I'm going to see Serenity with a friend on October 8th.

I looked at the fall preview in the Free Press and was interested in the following movies (depending on the trailer and review in some cases). I'll probably wait for the dvd on many of them, though, and then take it out of the library.

9/23 - Proof (only at the Main Art I think, unfortunately, so dvd probably)
9/23 - Flightplan (I'll wait for the dvd)
9/23 - Corpse Bride (ditto)
9/30 - Serenity
9/30 - Oliver Twist
9/30 - The Greatest Game Ever Played (dvd probably)
10/21 - Dreamer
10/21 - Shopgirl
10/28 - The Weather Man
10/28 - The Legend of Zorro (dvd probably)
11/9 - The New World (dvd probably)
11/11 - Zathura (dvd probably)
11/11 - Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
11/18 - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
12/2 - Aeon Flux
12/9 - Chronicles of Narnia
12/14 - King Kong
derangeddm
Posting Alot
Posting Alot

Post by derangeddm »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:I think the only movie I want to see this month is Serenity
Serenity all the way baby!!! My wife will insist on seeing it opening day, if possible. Once I got her to watch the original premiere for Firefly, she was hooked. On an "I am a rat bast*rd" note, my oldest client's husband does set building, so we have crew t-shirts for the movie...
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

derangeddm wrote:
Serenity all the way baby!!! My wife will insist on seeing it opening day, if possible. Once I got her to watch the original premiere for Firefly, she was hooked. On an "I am a rat bast*rd" note, my oldest client's husband does set building, so we have crew t-shirts for the movie...
Feel free to send a couple our way... :lol:

I was going to see it on Oct. 1st, but my friend is going out of town so we're waiting a week. He's the one I got hooked on it by loaning him the dvd set. I did the same thing with the new Battlestar Galactica show.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

rick0724us wrote:The Excorsim of Emily Rose sucked big Schlong save your twenty bucks
Now that's a review I can get behind. :lol:
On another note I saw The Ice Princess, you know the one that Disney did, with Michelle Trachtenberg and Joan Cusack...boy they have a formula.
It was just okay and I'd wait to see it till it comes on HBO.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
rick0724us wrote:The Excorsim of Emily Rose sucked big Schlong save your twenty bucks
Now that's a review I can get behind. :lol:
On another note I saw The Ice Princess, you know the one that Disney did, with Michelle Trachtenberg and Joan Cusack...boy they have a formula.
It was just okay and I'd wait to see it till it comes on HBO.
I watched The Ice Princess on Saturday. I thought it was a decent movie. Nothing too surprising I guess, but fun enough.

I watched last year's version of the Stepford Wives tonight and it was okay. Not all that challenging, but okay. I also watched Million Dollar Baby again. That's a darn good movie. I'm glad I avoided all the Rush Limbaugh crap before the movie was released and didn't really hear anything about it other than seeing the trailer ahead of time.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

What was all the Rush Limbaugh stuff? I must miss out on all the crap where I live. I take it he didn't like it?
It was an extraordinary film. Really a special film. I've seen it twce now and I'm going to see it agian.

I liked the Stepford Wives. I thought it was hilarious and a real visual treat with all the candy colors and the ballroom scenes.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:What was all the Rush Limbaugh stuff? I must miss out on all the crap where I live. I take it he didn't like it?
It was an extraordinary film. Really a special film. I've seen it twce now and I'm going to see it agian.

I liked the Stepford Wives. I thought it was hilarious and a real visual treat with all the candy colors and the ballroom scenes.
There was definitely some fun stuff in it and I liked it, but I didn't think there was much to it.

I heard about the Rush Limbaugh stuff after the fact. I guess he (or his guests or whoever) were railing against the movie as pro right to die propaganda.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

HUH. Well .....I'm sorry but if I were her I don't think I'd want to live like that. I'm amazed that people want to make laws about that and abortion , like it should be anybody's decision except the person that's truly involved.

But that's just me. I'm very pro individual rights.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:HUH. Well .....I'm sorry but if I were her I don't think I'd want to live like that. I'm amazed that people want to make laws about that and abortion , like it should be anybody's decision except the person that's truly involved.

But that's just me. I'm very pro individual rights.
same here, but I think their approach was that Eastwood made the movie and had it go that way as part of his own agenda.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Rush Limbaugh is a gas bag with no stopper. Everything is a conspiracy with him.....wasn't this based on a true story?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:Rush Limbaugh is a gas bag with no stopper. Everything is a conspiracy with him.....wasn't this based on a true story?
I've never listened to Rush, but that's my opinion too from what I've heard.

I don't think this is based on a true story. I think Eastwood wrote it, though there are some elements of truth in that a lot of boxers come from a difficult background. The bad boxing lady in the movie is a real fighter. I haven't watched all of the special features yet, though.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I just got done watching Surviving Christmas which was surprisingly entertaining. It was pretty whacky, but fun. I think it got bad reviews when it came out.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

kurt culler wrote:I just got done watching Surviving Christmas which was surprisingly entertaining. It was pretty whacky, but fun. I think it got bad reviews when it came out.
It was slammed hard it also made the record for going from the screen to dvd the fastest ever. It wasnt that bad though ( I think it suffered from gili/jersey girl) God damned gili
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:
kurt culler wrote:I just got done watching Surviving Christmas which was surprisingly entertaining. It was pretty whacky, but fun. I think it got bad reviews when it came out.
It was slammed hard it also made the record for going from the screen to dvd the fastest ever. It wasnt that bad though ( I think it suffered from gili/jersey girl) God damned gili
I don't think I'll ever watch Gigli. This was a decent movie, though.