Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Is that a premier or repeat? ive been watching the emmys, didnt think anything else was on.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:Is that a premier or repeat? ive been watching the emmys, didnt think anything else was on.
I taped it 2 years ago and ran across it when I was sorting through old tapes. I'd never watched it so I decided to give it a try. It was supposed to be the pilot of a series, but they never went ahead with the series. It's based on the series of books by Philip Jose Farmer and was a mediocre adaptation.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:
Psychotic_Carp wrote:Is that a premier or repeat? ive been watching the emmys, didnt think anything else was on.
I taped it 2 years ago and ran across it when I was sorting through old tapes. I'd never watched it so I decided to give it a try. It was supposed to be the pilot of a series, but they never went ahead with the series. It's based on the series of books by Philip Jose Farmer and was a mediocre adaptation.
Wow it's incredible that you'd take the time to watch a film you taped two years ago!
I had a B movie fiesta day starting with a film called the Beast about a giant squid, followed by Peter Benchleys Creature about a hybrid mutant creature that started out as a shark. ...Yeah, a real noteworthy day. Followed up by the Emmy's.
And I'm still tired from Friday so I'm off to bed chillen!
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I watched Princess Diaries 2 tonight. It was a fun movie, though quite a bit different from the books. In the books, her father is alive and it has only been about a year since she first found out she was a princess. In this movie, they jump ahead 5 years so that's she's graduated from college and is about to become Queen of Genovia. I gues sthat pretty much rules out a Princess Diaries 3.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I finished watching Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban today. I started it last night while checking papers and then watched the last half hour after school. I think I like it just as much or more the second time through (the first time being in the theater).

I also watched Highlander: The Immortal Edition tonight (while checking homework papers). I've seen Highlander lots of times, but hadn't gotten around to watching this particular dvd from my collection until now. It was good as usual. The first time I ever saw Highlander was when I was in Edinburgh in 1989. They were showing it on the in-room movie channel at the hotel I stayed at.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

I still dont understand why they thought american audiances wouldent understand those parts of the film
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:I still dont understand why they thought american audiances wouldent understand those parts of the film
Since i saw the European version the first time I saw it, I didn't even know they'd cut 8 minutes out of the American version until years later.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

I haven't seen the European version.

Now that Kevin Smith has announced that Rosario Dawson is going to be in Clreks 2 I must insist you all watch one of my favorite films The Rundown
Which I just bought the DVD of.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

fluffy wrote:I haven't seen the European version.

Now that Kevin Smith has announced that Rosario Dawson is going to be in Clreks 2 I must insist you all watch one of my favorite films The Rundown
Which I just bought the DVD of.
seen it so :P on you
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I've seen it too and it's not bad. Go see Josie and the Pussycats too, if you haven't seen it.

I watched the Last Action Hero the other night on HBO On Demand.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I took 5 movies out of the library today and watched the first two this afternoon. I watched Ice Princess which wasn't bad (plus it has Michelle Trachtenberg) and I watched Sandlot 2 which was good. I saw the first Sandlot movie in the theater a long time ago and this one was very similar. I also managed to get 2 sets of tests checked while watching them.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason was good, but not as good as the original

Steamboy was a little disappointing to me. I thought it was good, but not as good as I was expecting.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

kurt culler wrote:
Steamboy was a little disappointing to me. I thought it was good, but not as good as I was expecting.
the score was the best thing about that movie, kinda strange?

I watched House of Flying daggers and its about the same, great visually and the sound in the movie was fantastic but the movie itself was not.
rick0724us
Reader
Reader

Post by rick0724us »

The Excorsim of Emily Rose sucked big Schlong save your twenty bucks
tommi
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by tommi »

rick0724us wrote:The Excorsim of Emily Rose sucked big Schlong save your twenty bucks
twenty?

yea i heard it sucked cuz it all took place in a court