Television Favorites!

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: Television Favorites!

Post by Rusty »

25 - Sky Trackers Season 1 - This Australian show from the 1990s takes place at a radio telescope facility in Australia. Tony Masters is a scientist who moves back with his 14 year old son after an 8 year absence. The family that lives there now includes a female scientist named Marie and her two daughters, Nicki (13) and Maggie (9). Over the course of the 26 episodes the series follows lots of real science along with the relationships between the two families. I thought it was pretty good.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

26 - Scandal Season 1 - Olivia Pope runs a crisis management firm in Washington, D.C. She used to work for the President and has many high profile connections. I thought the first season was very entertaining.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

27 - Scandal Season 2 - Another entertaining season with Olivia Pope, President Grant and everyone else with tons of Capitol Hill drama.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

28 - Scandal Season 3 - Fitz is up for re-election and Olivia is his campaign manager. Lots of shenanigans with Olivia's parents and murders/scandals around D.C.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

29 - Scandal Season 4 - We get a new Vice President, Olivia gets kidnapped and Mellie runs for the Senate. More B613 drama, too.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

30 - Brockmire Season 4 - This season starts with Brockmire taking custody of an 8 year old daughter that he was unaware of after the aunt who was raising her in the Philippines suddenly dies. The show then jumps 10 years into the future where Brockmire is offered the job of Commissioner of Major League Baseball. The show is more about Brockmire's relationships with his daughter and friends with very little baseball, but it is still fun.

31 - Blackish Season 6 - Another good season with the Johnson family.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

32 - Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist Season 1 - I watched the premiere episode back in January and recorded the rest of the episodes as they aired. I finally got around to watching the last 11 episodes over the past few days and I loved it. The show is smart, funny and can be emotional at times.

The premise is that Zoey Clarke is a programmer at a popular tech company. She gains the ability to hear people's inner thoughts through song (and dance). The music and choreography is integrated very well into the storyline.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

33 - Homecoming Season 1 - Julia Roberts portrays a social worker at a facility in Florida in 2018 that tries to help soldiers returning from war to deal with PTSD symptoms. At least, that's what it seems like. She becomes friendly with Walter Cruz, one of her patients. A second timeline takes place in 2022 and Roberts is now a waitress with no memory of her time at the Homecoming facility. An officer from the Department of Defense tracks her down to look into a complaint that had been filed years before. I liked parts of the show, but overall I didn't find it to be that engaging. It is a very slow burn.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

34 - The Flash Season 6 - The season was cut a bit short due to Covid-19, but they still managed to end on a cliffhanger. I like the Sue Dearbon character and hope that we see a lot more of her in the next season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

35 - Supergirl Season 5 - The post-Crisis world was certainly a it different. There were a number of things that I liked this season along with others that I didn't. Overall it was okay.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

36 - Batwoman Season 1 - I thought that this was a very good first season. Maybe too much Alice, but it was a fun show. It will be strange next season with Ruby Rose leaving the show.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

37 - Limitless Season 1 - This is a continuation of the movie and takes place a few years later. An aimless man gets on NZT and starts working for the FBI. I thought that it was a lot of fun and I wish that it had been renewed for a second season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

38 - DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 5 - This was another wacky and fun season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

39 - Titans Season 2 - Deathstroke, Rose, Conner Kent, Krypto and Jericho are all added to this season. There is even an appearance of Aqualad. I thought it was a very good season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

40 - Short Treks Season 1 - Nice short episodes that tie into Star Trek: Discovery.