Television Favorites!

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Re: Television Favorites!

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

Did you watch season 2 of the expanse? I havent been enjoying many space type sci fi shows niether the expanse of dark matter have been able to fill my stargate void :(
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I got unto The Expanse too late to record it on my dvr so I waited for the bluray release. The bluray arrived a week or so ago and I plan to watch it some time in the near future. I've got a number of shows recording on my dvr now, including Season 5 of Orphan Black, Will, Insecure, Salvation and one or two others. Since I'm mostly caught up on the movies I want to watch (for now), I plan to watch a lot more tv this fall while grading papers.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

43 - Orphan Black Season 5 - A good final season to wrap up the show. The best seasons were the first two which were intense and addictive, but this one was decent.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

44 - Terra Nova Season 1 - In the year 2149 the world is messed up with poor air quality, population controls and more. A portal has been created to 85 million years in the past and a colony has been set up there with select settlers from 2149 sent there on a one way trip. There is trouble there, though, beyond the various dinosaur activity with a splinter group that wants to take over the colony. I enjoyed the season and wouldn't have minded seeing it continue, but it was gone after 13 episodes.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

45 - Killjoys Season 3 - Lots of fun in this scifi bounty hunter saga. I'm glad that the show got renewed for two more seasons.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

46 - Salvation Season 1 - An asteroid is about 6 months from hitting the Earth and probably wiping out life as we know it. A billionaire inventor is working on solutions, but there is also a lot of political drama, both within the U.S. and between the U.S. and Russia. I enjoyed the season quite a bit and hope that it gets a second season, though ratings were iffy so it is probably unlikely.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

47 - The Expanse Season 2 - This season finished the adaptation of the first book and started the adaptation of the second book. I enjoyed this season more than the first one as I continued to become more familiar with the characters and their motivations.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

48 - Bones Season 8 - It has been a long time since I watched Bones, but I picked up right where I left off and enjoyed the season. I plan to watch the last four seasons, but am undecided whether to watch them now or wait until later.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

49 - Insecure Season 2 - The second season of this HBO comedy/drama series about two black women - Molly and Issa - continues to follow the ups and downs of their lives. I thought it was just as good as the first season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

50 - Somewhere Between Season 1 - A tv news producer is pursuing the story of a serial killer while a wrongly convicted man is on death row and her husband, the D.A., has been covering up evidence that could exonerate him. Her daughter is taken by the serial killer and murdered. Despondent, she eventually commits suicide, but wakes up a week before the murder with a chance to relive and maybe change events. The brother of the man on death row, a former cop, also finds himself back in time and the two work together to prevent the daughter's murder and to free the brother. I thought it started a bit slow, but I got into it quite a bit after a few episodes and I enjoyed it.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

51 - Outlander Season 2 - This season adapts the second book in Diana Gabaldon's time travel series about a World War II nurse who finds herself in 1740s Scotland during the Jacobite Rebellion. I enjoyed the second season more than the first and will probably start on the third season soon even though it is only about halfway through airing.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

52 - Red Dwarf Season 12 - I think that this season was a true return to form. I've enjoyed the last few seasons, but this one felt like classic Red Dwarf to me. Lots of fun.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

53 - The Shannara Chronicles Season 2 - I thought this was a pretty entertaining fantasy series. Just as entertaining as the first season even with the move to Spike TV. The ratings were very low, though maybe decent for Spike. I hope that there is a third season.
Last edited by Rusty on Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

54 - The Orville Season 1 - I thought this show was a lot of fun. A bit cruder than Star Trek at times, but very Star Trekky in a good way.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

55 - Outlander Season 3 - The adaptation of Diana Gabaldon's third time traveling adventure was just as entertaining as the first two seasons. This is an excellent show.