Television Favorites!

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: Television Favorites!

Post by Rusty »

57 - Star Trek: Picard Season 1 - I've heard a lot of negative reviews of this show, but I liked it. Not as much as Discovery, perhaps, but I thought it was good. Some episodes were better than others with the visit to Riker, Troi and their daughter probably the best one. I'll stick around for season 2 when it arrives.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

58 - The Boys Season 1 - I've never read the comics, but this was a very nice show. Pretty violent at times, but very good.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

59 - The Boys Season 2 - That was a fun ride. I'm looking forward to season 3.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

60 - Travelers Season 2 - People from a bleak future send their consciouses back in time to take over the bodies of people who are about to die. They form cells and work to change the future to make it better for humanity. I watched the first season on Netflix a couple of years ago and finally got around to continuing with it. It's a good show and it is too bad that the show was cancelled after season 3.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

61 - Travelers Season 3 - This was a pretty cool season and the ending wrapped things up nicely while leaving it open for more. It's too bad the show was cancelled.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

62 - The Queen's Gambit - This is a show that definitely lives up to the hype. Anya Taylor-Joy was superb as chess prodigy Beth Harmon. Isla Johnston was also very good as the younger Beth and the supporting cast of Moses Ingram, Bill Camp, Marielle Heller, etc. was top notch. Highly recommended.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

63 - The Mandalorian Season 2 - This was another excellent season. Lots of fun.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

1 - Futurama Season 7 - This was a fun season. I realized last month that I'd forgotten to watch it years ago so I rectified that. I hope that they bring it back again some day.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

2 - Pandora Season 2 - This show isn't on the level of Star Trek Discovery or The Mandalorian, but I enjoyed it. It's a decent low budget scifi show. I hope that it gets renewed for a third season.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

3 - Star Trek: The Original Series Season 2 - I finally finished watching the second season on Amazon Prime. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It may not have been quite as good as the first season, but it was still very good. I'll get to the third season eventually.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

4 - The Expanse Season 5 - I binged this show over the past couple of days and loved it. They did a nice job adapting the book, which I read last summer. Hopefully they come out with Season 6 in December.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

5 - Perry Mason (2020) Season 1 - I never watched the Raymond Burr version of Perry Mason, but it seemed to be popular. My grandfather enjoyed listening to the radio show back in the 1940s/50s, though. I enjoyed this version and will watch the second season when it comes out on Blu-Ray. It wasn't the best show that I've seen, but it was pretty solid and entertaining.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

6 - Doom Patrol Season 2 - This season was much shorter than the first one (9 episodes vs 15 episodes), but it was full of plenty of strange adventures. The focus on this season was on family - Niles and his daughter Dorothy, Larry and his sons, Rita and her mother, Cliff and his daughter. I thought it was a lot of fun and I'll definitely keep watching when the next season rolls around.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

7 - Star Trek: The Original Series Season 3 - Overall, I thought it was a good season, though not as good as the first two. Now that I've completed my rewatch of the series, I'll move on to either the Animated Series or Next Generation.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

8 - Resident Alien Season 1 - Overall I like the show, especially the supporting cast. The worst part of the show to me is Alan Tudyk's portrayal of Harry. I love the comic and that is the most glaring change. I have a number of friends who really like Tudyk here and it probably wouldn't bother me as much if I hadn't read the comics.

The rest of the cast, though, is pretty good. I like Asta, the sheriff and deputy, Darcy, the mayor and his family, and so on. The sheriff is often played for laughs, but it works for me. I'm looking forward to season 2.