Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
megan kenny
Been Posting a Bit
Been Posting a Bit

Post by megan kenny »

my favorite movie would have to be Bad Santa because i havent seen any new movies for a while accept i saw spiderman 2 when i went up north last summer with my grandma.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

megan kenny wrote:my favorite movie would have to be Bad Santa because i havent seen any new movies for a while accept i saw spiderman 2 when i went up north last summer with my grandma.
you liked bad santa more than spiderman!?
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

megan kenny wrote:my favorite movie would have to be Bad Santa because i havent seen any new movies for a while accept i saw spiderman 2 when i went up north last summer with my grandma.
I still haven't even seen Bad Santa, but I'm glad to hear it's good.
megan kenny
Been Posting a Bit
Been Posting a Bit

Post by megan kenny »

ya i like that bad santa ,but i still like spider man . In spider man at the end you can tell whats going to happen in the next spider man I heard somewhere that there is going to be another spider man . I cant wait to see what the next one will be like. the 2nd one ws really good , bad santa was good too i want to see badder santa the previews on that one look good . the first one was fuuny
jennifer stambersky
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by jennifer stambersky »

megan kenny wrote:ya i like that bad santa ,but i still like spider man . In spider man at the end you can tell whats going to happen in the next spider man I heard somewhere that there is going to be another spider man . I cant wait to see what the next one will be like. the 2nd one ws really good , bad santa was good too i want to see badder santa the previews on that one look good . the first one was fuuny
i had no idea they were coming out with a second one YEAH im soooo happy i cant wait to see it
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I just saw Constantine tonight. It is based on a comic book series from DC/Vertigo called Hellblazer. The movie was very good. It was dark and moody and dealt with demons and the like. There were a few changes from the comic, but it was still good.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:I just saw Constantine tonight. It is based on a comic book series from DC/Vertigo called Hellblazer. The movie was very good. It was dark and moody and dealt with demons and the like. There were a few changes from the comic, but it was still good.
I'm glad to hear that. I was terrified they'd ruin the character.
I've heard lots of good things about the movie though and it will actually be here soon, so I can't wait.
The original Hellblazer comics were some of my favorites , I wasn't sure Keanu was up to it.
Last edited by fluffy on Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
kurt culler wrote:I just saw Constantine tonight. It is based on a comic book series from DC/Vertigo called Hellblazer. The movie was very good. It was dark and moody and dealt with demons and the like. There were a few changes from the comic, but it was still good.
I'm glad to hear that. I was terrified they'd ruin the character.
I've heard lots of good things about the movie though and it will actually be here soon, so I can't wait.
Keanu Reeves is obviously not a blond Englishman, but he has the smoking habit and I thought the depiction of hell was very well done. The score of the movie was also very appropriate.
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:
Keanu Reeves is obviously not a blond Englishman, but he has the smoking habit and I thought the depiction of hell was very well done. The score of the movie was also very appropriate.
So on a 1-10 rating you'd give it a ?
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

fluffy wrote:
kurt culler wrote:
So on a 1-10 rating you'd give it a ?
I'd give it a 9. 'twas very entertaining, though not for young kids, that's for sure.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

I finally saw the Aviator on Wednesday. My opinion is that it was a good movie, but not as good as Million Dollar Baby. DiCaprio gave a very good performance as Howard Hughes.

I went to see Lemony Snicket last night and was very much entertained. Carrey was over the top, but the role called for that and he was very good. The children gave very strong performances and Sunny was very funny, especially the translations of her baby talk. I'm interested to see how Emily Browning develops as an actress over the next 5-10 years. I think that she has a lot of potential.
Psychotic_Carp
Your Administrator
Your Administrator

Post by Psychotic_Carp »

shouldent you have been checking papers? :P
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

kurt culler wrote:I finally saw the Aviator on Wednesday. My opinion is that it was a good movie, but not as good as Million Dollar Baby. DiCaprio gave a very good performance as Howard Hughes.

I went to see Lemony Snicket last night and was very much entertained. Carrey was over the top, but the role called for that and he was very good. The children gave very strong performances and Sunny was very funny, especially the translations of her baby talk. I'm interested to see how Emily Browning develops as an actress over the next 5-10 years. I think that she has a lot of potential.
So what do you think about The Aviator and the Oscars???
fluffy
Actually Reads The Board
Actually Reads The Board

Post by fluffy »

Okay I rented three movies this weekend. The first one was Meet the Fokkers which was funny only in that it made me terribly uncomfortable as usual much like the first one. I though Dustin Hoffman and Barbra Striesand were very funny as his parents.

The second was Anacondas because I'm a B movie fan and I wanted to see how bad they could do after the first one. I thought it was pretty good. In the B movie scale I'd give it a 7.

The third was Shaun of the Dead which was very funny. It totally took me off guard since I was expecting just another zombie movie. It was really worth the time it took to watch it although I thought the first hour was the strongest part.

Now that I've shown what a non discerning person I am feel free to overwhelm me.
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

Psychotic_Carp wrote:shouldent you have been checking papers? :P
naw, that's for later this afternoon