Movies

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: Movies

Post by Rusty »

122 - The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex - 7/10 - Elizabeth I of England and the Earl of Essex (more than 30 years her junior) supposedly loved each other, though they had very differing views. Their relationship and Essex's downfall is covered in this somewhat dull film.

Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

:710:
123 - Gold Diggers of 1937 - 7/10 - A reluctant insurance salesman is brought in for a large policy on a prominent businessman. The problem is that the businessman is broke, but doesn't know it, thanks to the financial shenanigans of two of his employees. The employees hatched the scheme so that they could cash in if their hypochondriac boss died. It wasn't bad, but also wasn't as good as the 1933 installment.

Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

124 - Captain Caution - 7/10 - A merchant ship on the way to Maine from China in 1812 is unaware that war is declared and is captured by a British ship. The captain is killed, but the crew is rescued and they make their way to a port in France. Plenty of more acton between the American sailors and the British navy. I thought it was a decent film.

:6510:
125 - The Actress - 6.5/10 - Ruth Gordon's autobiography is told here, based on the play that she wrote. It starts in 1913 with a seventeen year old Ruth wanting to be an actress, but her father has other plans. It was okay, but not that good overall.

Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

126 - Battle Cry - 7/10 - This movie follows a group of Marines from boot camp through their various assignments in the Pacific during WWII. It's a bit hokey at times and seems like a propaganda film at the beginning (even though it was made in 1955), but overall I enjoyed it. Many of the characters were actual veterans from WWII.