Television Favorites!

This forum is to jibber and jabber
Rusty
Math God
Math God

Re: Television Favorites!

Post by Rusty »

6 - Doom Patrol Season 1 - I've never been a big fan of the Doom Patrol comics, though I've collected them in the past. This is a very cool show, though, and the performances were excellent.

Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

7 - Undone Season 1 - Alma is a 28 year old woman who gets into a car crash and finds that she has the ability to send her consciousness through time. She uses it to try and figure out why her father was killed when she was a little girl. I thought that it was really well done and the actors did a great job, especially Rosa Salazar. I'm looking forward to season 2.

Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

8 - The Expanse Season 4 - This show continues to be excellent. Some of the action takes place on or near New Terra as James Holden and the crew of the Rocinante investigate the protomolecule and try to keep two groups of settlers from killing each other. More action takes place on Mars as Sergeant Bobbie Draper finds herself out of a job and finds that Mars is not like it used to be. There is also the election of the new Secretary General and the search for a Belter terrorist.

Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

9 - Stumptown Season 1 - This adaptation of the Greg Rucka comic is very well done and is one of my favorite shows from 2019-2020. Cobie Smulders really captures Dex Parios, the Portland private detective dealing with PTSD from her time in military intelligence in Afghanistan. The supporting cast is top notch and the action and humor have a really nice balance. I really hope that this gets renewed for a second season.

10 - The Pacific - I've been meaning to watch this for the past decade, but never got around to it. I thought it was excellent. Band of Brothers is a lot better, but that doesn't taken anything away from this series. The war in the Pacific was brutal, though I guess all war is.

Rusty
Math God
Math God

Post by Rusty »

11 - The Tick (2016) Season 1 - I've read a few Tick comics over the years, but never consistently. I'd like to read the whole run some day. This was a nice adaptation and was pretty funny.